An international short film competition with focus on the writing of the short form features. The deadline for the online submission is July 10, 2015. You need to send the submission form, with a screening link (Vimeo, Youtube) and the written screenplay (.PDF).
The selected films will be nominated for the following awards: best screenplay, best character, best dialogue, best scene, best ending, best title and best screenplay – audience award.
- The third edition of FRAPA – The Screenplay Film Festival of Porto Alegre will happen in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul from August 4-6, 2015.
- The films submitted to the Short Film Competition must obey the following criteria:
- 30 minutes, maximum running time, including credits.
- Full HD digital support exhibition format.
- Completed after January 2014.
- The submission will be complete after the completed form is send, together with the screenplay and weblink of the short film (Vimeo, Youtube). If the screening link has a password, it should be informed during the submission.
- Fiction, documentary and animation films, from any country or territory can be submitted.
- When the film is another language than Portuguese, it must have English, Spanish or Portuguese subtitles.
- Only screenplays written in Portuguese, English or Spanish will be accepted.
- The screenplay must be submitted in PDF format.
- The deadline for submissions is July 10th, 2015, at 23h59, BRT.
- The submission of each short film to the FRAPA Short Film Competition will be confirmed after the payment of the R$ 15,00 (fifteen Brazilian Reais) fee.
- The final selection will be made by a selection commitee formed by professional filmmakers, invited by the festival. This commitee has autonomy to decide its evaluation and selection criteria, focusing on the screenplay of the films. The decisions of the committee are final.
- The production of FRAPA can extent or not the deadline according to the schedule of the event and the timetable of the selection process.
- The selected short films must be delivered to the production (with no extension of deadline) until July 24, 2015, through a downloadble link. The Exhxibition copy must be Digital – Full HD (MOV-H264), sound dolby 5.1 ou 2.0 (Stereo).
- Submitting the film, the Responsible authorizes Frapa to advertise the screening of the film, through the use of Still, Frames or Excerpts of the short film, as well as the names of the full cast and crew.
- The films selected for the Short Film Competition will be nominated for the following awards:
- best screenplay
- best character
- best dialogue
- best scene
- best ending
- best title
- best screenplay – audience award.
- The award selection in all categories will be made by a invited jury. The names of the members of the jury will be revealed during the award cerimony.
- The screenwriters of the films awarded as “best screenplay” and “best screenplay – audience award” will receive a licensed copy of the screenplay software FINAL DRAFT, one of the supporters of FRAPA.
- The awards will be announced during the closing ceremony. The decisions of Selection Committee and the Award Jury are final.
- The filmmakers responsible by the submitted short films must garantee ownership of the rights of image and sound of the work, as well as full responsibility for the clearing and release of music rights included in the work.
- The person or company responsible for the submission of the short film and short film screenplay authorize FRAPA to publish the screenplays on the Frapa website, in case of selection of the work for the Short Film Competition.
- Situations outside of the rules and regulations will be analyzed by production of FRAPA.
The deadline for entries has been closed.